Plymouth Writers Group (PWG) have announced an International Short Story Competition in conjunction with the English & Creative Writing Department of the University of Plymouth. This is a unique venture, in which entries are assessed and adjudicated by both the PWG and a team from the University.
The content is entirely at the discretion of the writer, with a maximum of 1500 words. £250 First Prize, £50 Second Prize, with the best 5 entries included in the PWG 2017 Anthology. Entries can be received from 1 November 2016, with a closing date of midnight on 31 January 2017, with an entry fee of £5.00. All submissions and payments are made online.
Updated – 06/03/17
Plymouth Writers Group (PWG) – International Short Story competition
This competition closed on 31 January 2017, with 99 entries being received from across the UK, Europe, and the wider world. The first 5 winning entries, and their authors are included on our website. PWG want to thank each and everyone of the 99 entrants, in our Third International Competition, for their stunning range of entries. Our 4th Anthology for 2017 “Secrets and Lies” will be published in the Autumn of 2017, and all the winning entries will be included.
The winners and links to their stories are as follows:
1. Cap in Hand (Douglas Bruton) West Lothian Scotland ( £250.00) – https://plymouthwritersgroup.uk/2017/03/06/Cap-in-Hand/
2. Wind Song (Sheila Blackburn) Crewe, Cheshire. (£50.00) – https://plymouthwritersgroup.uk/2017/03/06/wind-song/
3. Bycatch (Grant Price) Berlin, Germany (Highly Commended) – https://plymouthwritersgroup.uk/2017/03/06/bycatch/
4. Detroit (Erik Lofroth), Uppsala, Sweden (Highly Commended) – https://plymouthwritersgroup.uk/2017/03/06/detroit/
5. In the dark (Richard Hooton), Ashton under Lyme, Lancs. (Highly Commended) – https://plymouthwritersgroup.uk/2017/03/06/in-the-dark/
The previous winners of the competion can be viewed by following this link